cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelly08
Level 3

ASP.Net initialization of web sites in 64 bit installs

It looks like there is a bug in the InstallShield web site support custom actions in a Basic MSI project for 64 bit installs.

I have a Basic MSI project that installs a web site with a dedicated application pool. The 32 bit install has been working fine. In looking through the install log I see that it executes the aspnet_regiis -i calls to ensure that ASP.Net 2.0 is properly registered.
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -ir
and
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/Root/MyWeb

When I build and run the 64 bit (x64) version of the installer, the log still shows that it still attempts to run the 32 bit version of aspnet_regiis instead of the 64 bit version in ...\Framework64\v2.0.50727.

Unless there is fix for this, I guess I am going to have to write a custom action to call the correct version if performing a 64 bit install.

Thanks,
Kelly
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Kelly08
Level 3

I have received confirmation from support that this is a bug in the 64 bit support and they will be working on it. For the meantime my only option is to do a custom action to manually call the correct version.
0 Kudos