cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sigmund
Level 2

ALLUSERS property

HI all,

not sure if this is a correct sub forum to ask.

i have a problem when trying to install a software from .msi file. the software is MS ActiveSync 4.5

during the instalation i receive "1: ALLUSERS property is not 1 - this MSM cannot be used for a per-user or fallback-to-per-user-install" message and cannot continue.

I read what i could find here about this message but all threads are reffering to different problem it seems.

thank you in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
cbragg
Level 7

It sounds like the installation has been authored to run for all users on a machine rather than the option just for me. But strangely it sounds like it's defaulted the other way. I presume you've extracted this from a setup.exe to be able to deploy it and the setup.exe passed through the all users property for you.

Run the installation like this and see what you get:

msiexec /i "" ALLUSERS=1

You may also be missing other properties that the setup is passing through though so it may be trial and error
0 Kudos
Sigmund
Level 2

cbragg wrote:
It sounds like the installation has been authored to run for all users on a machine rather than the option just for me. But strangely it sounds like it's defaulted the other way. I presume you've extracted this from a setup.exe to be able to deploy it and the setup.exe passed through the all users property for you.

Run the installation like this and see what you get:

msiexec /i "" ALLUSERS=1

You may also be missing other properties that the setup is passing through though so it may be trial and error

thanks, i tried it with the same result i.e. same error message 😞
0 Kudos