cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob_wheadon
Level 4

ALLUSERS Property being set to 1 all the time

Hello,

I have created an InstallShield Basic MSI installer. The option for installing for "anyone/only for me" used to work but now it doesn't work anymore. I have discovered that the ALLUSERS property is always getting set to 1 regardless of of the CustomerInformation dialog setting.

What could be changing the ALLUSERS value to 1?

Where do I look for the source of the problem?

Thanks,

Robert
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Run a log and take a look. Personally I don't like per-user installs so 1 is good in my book.
0 Kudos
dan_galender
Level 10

When you create a new Basic MSI project, InstallShield creates an entry in the Property Manager that sets ALLUSERS to 1. I can't remember which version of IS introduced that, it may have been IS2008, but it I believe it was a fairly recent change.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

I had been doing this since 2003 and ignoring the build warning. Back in the Windows 2000 days I saw a very wierd MSI bug. If you pushed as System and hadd ALLUSERS set in the property table, it would work. If you pushed as System and had ALLUSERS set as a Type 51 at the very beginning of the sequence it would fail. It always worked on XP.

The failure was that certain directory table entries ( like FolderDesktop ) would fail to resolve nd the shortcut would get created at C:\.

Very wierd....
0 Kudos