cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mplanchart
Level 5

A simple $P(xxxxxx) resolver question ...

Hi,

Where can I find a list of the variables such as: vendor, displayName, etc. that the $P string resolver resolves. I have searched the help and online and I can't seem to find it.

Please advise,

thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
aruizf
Level 3

I think the best way to check what properties are available is to open the ".uip" project with a text/XML editor and see the properties for every bean yourself. All those should be available using "$P".

$P(vendor) is just accessing the "vendor" property of the root bean.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

If you look at the inline help for a bean property, the "internal" name you use with a $P expression is listed in parentheses: for example, the inline help for the Active property has heading "Active (active)".

In general, the rule is that a single-word property just has its first letter switched to lowercase for the $P version (Active-->active, Visible-->visible, and so on), and multi-word properties have the words smashed together with the first letter of the whole result converted to lowercase (Install Location-->installLocation, and so on).

There are exceptions and special cases ("Company Name" maps to "vendor"; "Install Location" feeds into the often more useful "absoluteInstallLocation" property), though, so check the documentation if something isn't resolving the way you expect.
0 Kudos
rkrishnan
Level 2

Thanks Robert 🙂 , you saved my time.....
0 Kudos