cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billchen
Level 3

A licensed InstallShield 2010 complains about license expired

I installed InstallShield 2010 Premier in my virtual machine, the OS is Win2003, and actived it by connecting to the license server, I use NAnt to automatical build my app every day, all is ok after I installed it in the first month.

the nightmare began from this month, NAnt says it always failed when running InstallShield task, the error message is:
[ISDEV : fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized. You must launch the IDE to configure the product license in order to proceed.]

Actually, I opened the IDE, it says it has been actived successfully, and I tried to run ISCmdBld.exe by command window, all is ok, but when it is ran in NAnt, the error message is always appeared.

I searched all the world via Google, Acresso provides a hotfix but it only suits for InstallShield 2008, where can I find the 2010 hotfix? how can I solve this problem?

My boss is anticipating my achievement, however, right now, I am stuck at this problem, please help me, SOS!!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
Marwan
Level 7

Maybe your Nant process cannot find the license server; is it running under the same account? Are your running out of licenses? You can try going into your Control Panel and setting an environment variable with a name of mvsn_LICENSE_FILE and a value of @YourLicenseServerName
0 Kudos
billchen
Level 3

Thank your prompt, at first, I checked my environment variables settings, I found the specified variable is already here, even added the same variable to System Variables, still failed.

However, one of your sentence is extremely important -- [Maybe your Nant process cannot find the license server; is it running under the same account?]

So, I remember NAnt is ran in Windows Services, I opened Windows Service, went to “Log on” tab, changed the option from “Local System account” to a specified account, then restarted the service, finally, the problem solved.

I handed over my achievement to my boss this morning, then he smiled, I smiled too, what a good mood right now I have.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

I'm wondering why you are using the DRM laden bloated IDE to do your build automation instead of the DRM free, way less bloated Stand Alone Build Engine. While the solution was successful, the problem didn't need to exist and your build environment will be more reliable in the future.
0 Kudos
billchen
Level 3

Good suggestion, I am trying your solution, to check if it is better, I'll reply this post soon after I finish me investigation.
0 Kudos
billchen
Level 3

I am using InstallShield 2010 Premier, in fact, I didn't f find the version of InstallShield standalone 2010, moreover, I aslo can't find IsSaBld.exe in this version, so where can I find the lightheavy build tool as you said?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

To obtain the updated Standalone Build, you can check for updates from within InstallShield (On the Tools menu, click Check for Updates. When you do that, InstallShield launches FLEXnet Connect, which checks for updates.)

One of the updates contains a link to the Web page that has the Standalone Build, plus the other Premier edition downloads.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Why are posts being censored on this forum?
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

We removed a post that contained a URL to our Stand Alone build. This is available to Premier tier users only, so we did not want the raw URL posted in an open forum.

If a user is unable to get the URL for the SAB through Tools|Check For Updates, please email me directly at:

mmarino@flexerasoftware.com

And I will send it to you.

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos