cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmcnulty2008
Level 2

A Minor Release problem

Hello,
I am having a problem with the minor release upgrade. I have some .dlls that are often changing, but the version is not updated. The problem I am having is that when I create a new installer build and a client use it to upgrade, they do not get the most recent dlls. I know why this is happen, it because the version does not change. I do not want to change the version everytime something get changes because it will cause other files that are dependent on the version to stop working. I was try to use the reinstallmode as a property, but this did not work and also I read that it can cause other issues.

Does any one have any ideas on how to fix this problem?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MattQVI
Level 8

I don't necessarily agree with what you are saying. If the .DLL was modified for API changes and what have you, the version of it should have changed. If it was simply rebuilt (and there were no changes) then the version didn't really have to bump.

And yes, that is probably the reason why the older one stays when you use the new install.

As a (temporary) solution, you can mark the file (or files) to always overwrite. That way whatever you package in your install will always be placed over top of what is in the current installation directory.
0 Kudos