cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLusicic9
Level 2

32 bit vs 64 bit Selective Prerequisite

I have a .NET program that runs on any CPU. However, it requires .NET 6.  I have put both the 32 bit and 64 bit runtime installs in the Redistributables list. Since these are prerequisites, it checks to see if they are installed before actually running the install. At least I think that is what it is doing. So how can I set up the prerequisites so that only the one for the appropriate bitness one is checked and installed if missing prior to the running of the actual product install?

I have seen some references to setting up a feature with conditions, but a feature is part of the product install, not part of the prerequisite processing. I would prefer this to act in the prerequisite timing, since I don't know if the feature processing will check to see if it is installed before running the runtime install.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Take a look at suite projects - these will allow you to add prerequisites and add Eligibility Conditions that can target 32 or 64bit architecture.
The following article is regarding adding adding MSI files as packages, however the process would be the same for adding .prq files.
https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/32-bit-and-64-bit-Installation-Support/ta-p/3430

0 Kudos