cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrHartmann
Level 7

2nd language customized dialogs, moving radio buttons is broken

I searched and only found 1 similar posting from a much older version, and nobody responded to this gentleman (http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=156538)

I have an Installscript-MSI project upgraded a couple times, most recently from IS 2009. I had to re-customize all my dialogs that were edited (since I'm using a skin)... tedious, but that seems to work fine... until I worked on our international projects. I customized the SdSetupType dialog, and in English my changes "stuck", as expected (I had to move and widen the radio buttons). However, when I try to do the same on the Swedish version of the dialog, the changes seem to take effect while in the dialog editor, then if I leave and come back into the editor, the buttons reverted back. I have of course tried saving right after making the change in the editor - no luck. This is extremely frustrating, as the text is badly cutoff right now and this must get fixed this week.

Some very odd behavior -- I have 2 different international projects (one is for x64 Windows)... in the x64 one, I was able to get one of the radio buttons on the Swedish dialog to move and widen, and have the change stay in effect. That would seem to exclude systematic problems such as a key resource file being read-only (I checked for that earlier).

There is definitely an Installshield bug at work here, so I hope someone from Flexera will give this a bit of attention. However, I probably don't have time to wait for a hotfix, so if anyone has encountered this problem and found a workaround, please share your secret.

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
BrHartmann
Level 7

I should have clarified that I was typing a new width and position directly into the fields on the right. I guess this is the only part that was broken. If you drag the width / position manually in the designer area, the change sticks.
0 Kudos