Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the1whodidit
Level 3

2010 message saying it's BETA

After a build, I test the install and get a dialog saying:

"This setup was created with a BETA version of installshield."

I click OK, the only button, and it continues the install. I have activated my version as I thought that may be the cause, but it didn't work. I don't believe it is beta. The version is 2010 Professional Version 16. On the "about" screen it does say "(evaluation version will expire in - 10 days)". Not sure what's up with that either.

Anyone else have this issue or know what the latest version is? 16? Thanks,
B
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Marwan
Level 7

Did you actually activate before or just entered the serial number in the Setup dialog? Just click Help|About and then activate.
0 Kudos
the1whodidit
Level 3

I put in the serial when installing and it was filled in when I went to the help->about->activate. I did notice when I do this help->about->activate, it does it fine, but when I got back to the help->about dialog, the activate license button is enabled again. (IE. when I activate from here, the activation dialogs finish and go away and go back to the help->about window with the activate license button disabled (greyed out). But when I close it and open it back up, it's enabled.)

TIA,
B
0 Kudos
the1whodidit
Level 3

I put in the serial when installing and it was filled in when I went to the help->about->activate. I did notice when I do this help->about->activate, it does it fine, but when I got back to the help->about dialog, the activate license button is enabled again. (IE. when I activate from here, the activation dialogs finish and go away and go back to the help->about window with the activate license button disabled (greyed out). But when I close it and open it back up, it's enabled.)

TIA,
B
0 Kudos
mickgalvin
Level 3

I'm in the same boat. Very frustrating... Whats weird is that it it does not occur with msi projects, only installscript projects.
0 Kudos