InstallAnywhere Hotfix for InstallAnywhere 2018 SP1
This is the InstallAnywhere Hotfix for InstallAnywhere 2018 SP1.
This Hotfix addresses the following issues:
|IOJ-1900649||Option to use HTTPS protocol for connection using Download File Action|
|IOJ-1866007||Disk Space Check Reporting Available Free Space for Root File System, /, Instead of Targeted File System Such as /home|
|IOJ-1895466||IA 2018 Installer Fails to Launch When Running with IBM JRE 1.8 SR5 FP20|
|IOJ-1560202||Installer dies with exception "Malformed \uxxxx encoding." if any environment variable contains \u in value|
|IOJ-1912814||Uninstaller is not cleaning up and deleting install.dir.* directory in /tmp after uninstall completes|
|IOJ-1753361||Variable IA_INSTALL_INSTANCE_NUM is not incremented for subsequent instances|
|IOJ-1818811||64-bit Windows console launcher writes a confusing message when the launcher is renamed and executed from command prompt|
|IOJ-1913973||Silent uninstall is crashing and exiting with java.lang.ClassCastException when passing installvariables.properties file to uninstaller launcher|
|IOJ-1913982||Java stack trace with Flexeraaw7$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load when running installer on Windows Server 2019 with JVM that outputs correct os.name of Windows Server 2019|
|IOJ-1560688||Custom Code Panel doesn't show scrollbars when text exceeds the panel size|
|IOJ-1921600||Silent upgrade install fails to upgrade existing instance|
|IOJ-1559951||Custom or IA variable defined in project shows up in debug log even though it has been configured in configure variables to "exclude value only" or "Exclude variable entirely" whereas "Encrypt variable value" works fine as expected|
|IOJ-1989168||Installer panel size is very large and installer panel takes up most of the screen|
|IOJ-1994839||Installer title not scaling in High DPI settings|
|IOJ-1990585||Custom code action fails with ClassNotFoundException when using InstallAnywhere 2018 SP1 Hotfix|
|IOJ-1990408||Custom code panel displays improperly with scrollbar due to InstallAnywhere 2018 SP1 Hotfix|
|IOJ-2079535||"No such file or directory" errors written to console when launching a Linux With VM installer bundled with Java 9 or above|
Solution:To apply the Hotfix, follow these steps:
- Download the Hotfix from the Attachments Section of this article.
- Close the InstallAnywhere IDE.
- Make backup copies of the following file and folders in <IA_HOME> by adding _orig to the copy's name:
- Create a copy of <IA_HOME>\IAClasses.zip and name it <IA_HOME>\IAClasses_orig.zip
- Create a copy of <IA_HOME>\resource\IAClasses.zip and name it <IA_HOME>\resource\IAClasses_orig.zip
- Create a copy of <IA_HOME>\resource\manifests and name it <IA_HOME>\resource\manifests_orig
- Create a copy of <IA_HOME>\resource\i18ndesigner\custom_en and name it <IA_HOME>\resource\i18ndesigner\custom_en_orig
- Create a copy of <IA_HOME>\resource\launchanywheres and name it <IA_HOME>\resource\launchanywheres_orig
- Create a copy of <IA_HOME>\resource\self_extractors and name it <IA_HOME>\resource\self_extractors_orig
- Extract patch.zip from the attached file to <IA_HOME>.
- Extract the contents of patch.zip to <IA_HOME> and verify the above files/folders were updated.
- Open the project in the InstallAnywhere IDE.
- Rebuild the project.
- Retest the issue.
100% helpful (1/1)