cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling the Create Icons for All Users Checkbox by Default

Enabling the Create Icons for All Users Checkbox by Default

Summary

How to Enable the "Create Icons for All Users" Checkbox by Default on the Choose Shortcut Folder Panel

Synopsis

On Windows, the Choose Shortcut Folder Panel contains a checkbox that will allow for the user to create product icons for All Users. By default, the "Create Icons for All Users" settings is unchecked. This article will explain how to enable this option by default.

Discussion

You are able to change the default shortcut folder by going to Project > Platforms > Windows > Default Shortcut Folder or by setting $USER_SHORTCUTS$ with a Set InstallAnywhere Variable Action before the Choose Shortcut Folder Panel. To have the "Create Icons for All Users" checked by default, you would set the default shortcut folder to one of the All Users locations:
  • All Users Programs Menu
  • All Users Desktop
  • All Users Startup
  • All Users Start Menu

Additional Information

Provide Multiple Options To Choose Shortcut Install Location
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Comments

In InstallAnywhere 2018 I wish to enable the "Create icons for all user" checkbox by default.  I have set Project > Platforms > Windows > Default Shortcut Folder to "All Users Programs Menu" in Field 1 then $PRODUCT_NAMES in Field 2. I was unsure how to set the option programmatically with a variable to enable it. It seem the way I did it will only set it to that location. Any example how to set box with set variable. The steps would be nice.

Version history
Last update:
‎Nov 09, 2018 08:30 PM
Updated by: