cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janosh
Level 3

vp1 identifier?

Hello,

I downloaded and installed VP1. The installed version is still 9.0.0.0 and the splash screen still shows build 3428...

Moreover build.exe seems not to know -d or BuildWorkdirLocation.

What did I get for my maintenance contract? How can I find out if VP1 is really installed?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Hmmm... Running the builder with the -v switch should give:

InstallAnywhere 2008 VP1
Version: 9.5
Build: Build 3531

And there should be a new splash screen in Help > About InstallAnywhere:
0 Kudos
Tweeds
Level 2

IAResourceBundle: create resource bundle: en
This is an incomplete installation of InstallAnywhere 2008 VP1 Evaluation.

This is the same message I get if I try to build from a batch file. The IA UI build works fine, and the script worked fine for the previous installation (which it seems I may have been hasty in removing).

I followed a bit of advice I found here and deleted the InstallAnywhere folder in my Documents and Settings folder, and it builds, but the installer says it's unlicensed, and the UI says the same. Restoring that folder fixes the UI, but the commandline build is broken again.

Please help.

Matt
0 Kudos
ettieneb
Level 4

Was there a solution to this problem.
I am also experiencing the error even though it has been licensed

C:\Program Files\Macrovision\InstallAnywhere 2008 VP1 Enterprise>build.exe -v
This is an incomplete installation of InstallAnywhere 2008 VP1 Evaluation.

Regards
Ettiene
0 Kudos
ettieneb
Level 4

Hi Vlad

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction, i renamed the documents and settings InstallAnywhere directory, re-installed, re-registered and the build.exe started working. I believe this issue only happens when you have two different versions of the software on the same machine.

To get my older version to also work i just copied back the information that was in the documents and settings InstallAnywhere folder that i had renamed for that version and it seems to be working.

Regards
Ettiene
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

ettieneb wrote:
Hi Vlad

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction, i renamed the documents and settings InstallAnywhere directory, re-installed, re-registered and the build.exe started working. I believe this issue only happens when you have two different versions of the software on the same machine.

To get my older version to also work i just copied back the information that was in the documents and settings InstallAnywhere folder that i had renamed for that version and it seems to be working.

Regards
Ettiene

I'm not sure about the above, as I do have several versions on the same machine (in order to be able to support the build of several branches at the same time) (when I'm upgrading the IA version in the main development branch, I won't touch for instance the older versions, which will be built with older versions of IA). However, it is true that I haven't upgraded yet to any 2008 version (these version series 2008 & 2008 VP 1 might be to blame for this issue).
0 Kudos