cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avashish
Level 3

vcredist_x64.exe is restarting windows system on few windows machines without prompt

Event Viewer Log

vcredist_x64.exe has initiated the restart of computer : Application: Installation (Planned) Install Anywhere

Is there any way to stop this ?

(6) Replies
avashish
Level 3

I tried to access the KB article as well but can't access it 

https://community.flexera.com/articles/en_US/HOWTO/Q211876

I am able to see this issue mostly on windows server 2012 and windows 2016.

Regards,

Ankur

0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for your post.

InstallAnywhere doesn't install redistributables. Could you please provide more information about the issue that you reported? Is that a redistributable you're installing with an installer built with InstallAnywhere? Could you please clarify?

I'm looking into the issue you reported about the Knowledge Base article from the link that you mentioned.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for your patience.

Quick update: The Knowledge Base article that you provided a link for is an internal article.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos

Hi Team,
Thanks a lot for the help.
The issue as it turned out was windows. As some of the windows flavors require a restart when a vc++ library (2013) is installed. I was using install anywhere to create an installer for our product which required the vc+_ (2013) installation.
It was abruptly exiting due to the restart.
Anyways giving a NORESTART have worked wonders.
Sorry for the delay in response.
The installer team has the credentials but since the issue is resolved, we won't be requiring them anymore.

Thanks.

Hi Ankur,

Not a problem. You're welcome; I'm happy that I could help. I'm happy to hear that the issue was resolved.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos

Thanks for the mention of the /norestart option - that's good to know about.

0 Kudos