Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramalaks
Level 6

upgrade installer using IA8.0 enterprise

I am using IA8.0.1 enterprise
i have a installer with version 1.0.0.0
I want to use the same project file (.iap_xml) to do my upgarde install,

i want to be able find the existing instalation and compare the version to see if it is upgrade or downgrade. if it is upgrade ( i will set a IA variable to indentify this) install the newer files and want to skip some of my post install actions (used only for first time install) . if it is downgrade i will have to do diff. sql scripts. is that possible with IA?

i can find the version that i am installing and one on the system. any version comparison tool available?

also we have ebuild process that i want to modify the version without having to open the project file using an IDE.

thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For one approach to the version-comparison question, perhaps see [post=411560]this post[/post].

As for modifying the project file outside the graphical designer, did the contents of the "XML Project File Tools" subdirectory of the IA distribution help?
0 Kudos
ramalaks
Level 6

thanks for the version comparison post.
as far as the xml file changes, the tools asks us to use the ms xml or saxen
unfortunately we dont have them in the ebuild server or we can not install also.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

The Readme file in that directory lists other XSL processors; are any of them available, or can your build process include them?

Otherwise, it takes a bit of caution and care, but you could presumably perform direct text substitution on the project file. Naturally the specifics depend on what text processor you use.
0 Kudos
nosrednayduj
Level 7

>also we have ebuild process that i want to modify the version without
>having to open the project file using an IDE.

Us too. I followed the instructions in XML Project File Tools\README.html for ia_project_info.xsl to look at the Installer Properties section that gives "a listing of the installer properties that are modifiable with the ia_chg_prop.xsl transform". But, (a) Version isn't listed, and (b) the EXAMPLE for ia_chg_prop.xsl, productName, isn't listed either!

Despite not being listed, the example does work (though it loses all the comments in the xml file, and some of the CDATA's of empty strings. Maybe this doesn't matter.) Sadly, though, I fear the version number will not be so easy, as it is not just a string:

Have you solved this problem yet?
0 Kudos
nosrednayduj
Level 7

uh oh. It apparently wasn't OK what the XSL file did to my project. Because now when I look at the folders which have been created, the top level says "foo\null" instead of "foo" for the source path. Maybe this will be OK in practice, but it looks very scary.
0 Kudos