cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramalaks
Level 6

update product version without having to open .iap_xml file

We have every build setup that requires increase of the version number by 1 in the subdivsion automatically in a script without having to open the .iap_xml using IDE.

i know we could do that in installshield .ism files using vbscript. anything equivalent to that available for .iap_xml that i could use.?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For one approach, please see the readme file and samples in the XML Project File Tools subdirectory of your InstallAnywhere distribution.
0 Kudos
jackylv
Level 4

you can write a script using XML:: DOM to change the elements in a xml file.

I have a question want to ask you that, how to use this product version in your product? can we compare the product version and determine that if it is a upgrade install? thanks.

ramalaks wrote:
We have every build setup that requires increase of the version number by 1 in the subdivsion automatically in a script without having to open the .iap_xml using IDE.

i know we could do that in installshield .ism files using vbscript. anything equivalent to that available for .iap_xml that i could use.?
0 Kudos
ramalaks
Level 6

Could you pl send me the information on the script. for some reason i can not use xml or saxon as the instruction gives.

i am not sure if there is equivalent of verCompare() of Installshield in InstallAnywhere. i have requirement to compare also. still looking

to findout what is currently installed on the system i can do it by looking at the registry and the one being installed can be got from the installAnywhere variable
0 Kudos
khansen
Level 5

Has someone figured this out? I tried using the "Installer Property change transform" to modify the subRevision property in productVersion, but it doesn't change. I suppose it is not supported because when I run the "Project Information transform" it shows "Version: ...".
0 Kudos
ramalaks
Level 6

we ended up writing our own java code for this..
0 Kudos