cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chucke
Level 3

unable to create sub folders and actions

Hello,
I have a small test project where I am on the install tab and I create a launcher. The intent is to add an entry to "All users programs menu". I then add a "create folder" action below that. My desire is then to create a launcher under that, however I cannot create any sub-actions to the create folder action. Ultimately I want a menu item for all users something like, "Company Name | Product Family | Product". Hope that makes sense.

I have an actual project where this is done, but cannot figure out what the difference is between the two is.

TIA,
Chuck
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
chucke
Level 3

Hello,
I added a screen shot. Basically, is there a way to get the "launch notepad" action under the "stuff" create folder action?

Thanks
Chuck
0 Kudos
chucke
Level 3

Okay - here is what I have figured out so far. If I click "add files" and add a directory, then rename it with a $COMPANY_NAME$, then I can add sub folders and actions to my heart's content. Now I just don't know if that is the recommended way to solve the original problem, or whether I should be using magic folders.
0 Kudos
khansen
Level 5

You should be able to select the "Launch Notepad" link and click the right arrow button (in the Advanced Designer) to make it a sub-action of the "stuff" folder above it.
0 Kudos
chucke
Level 3

Tried that and there is nothing on the context menu that would allow that to take place. Perhaps I am still missing something....
0 Kudos
Mohasin
Level 3

chucke wrote:
Tried that and there is nothing on the context menu that would allow that to take place. Perhaps I am still missing something....

HI Chucke

I am facing same problem ..can u please let me know if you solved the problems.

Regards,
Mohasin
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Which problem is that?
0 Kudos