cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erikbrooks
Level 3

two projects - one make entry in Windows 'Add or remove pgm' list, and other does not

I need to test the uninstall function of one of my installers. It installed the program correctly, but does not make any entry in the Windows Add/remove program list. I checked another of my installer projects - it DOES make an entry in Add/Remove, and when I tell Windows to use that, it uninstalls THAT app correctly.

I've looked at the two projects side by side, and I don't see where that is set. I thought that it was just automatic behavior of InstallAnywhere, til I saw that one does it and one project does not.

I've searched the IA help and also this forum, and have not found anything.

Any clues would be appreciated!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
jijujacob27
Level 6

Would it be possible for you to provide both these projects?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
erikbrooks
Level 3

I could provide the project XML file, but probably not the complete content of the project. Would that be helpful?

Also, I looked on another PC, and the project that is not showing in the add/remove program list WAS in that list on that PC. I asked to remove it from there, and got a pop-up stating that it could not find some of the items that it should remove. I then ran the installer on THAT PC, and looked again into the add/remove programs list, and the program was not listed. So an earlier version of this project did place this program into the add/remove programs list, and that feature was lost for that project.
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

project XML file would be very helpful.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
erikbrooks
Level 3

OK - how can I provide those to you?
0 Kudos
erikbrooks
Level 3