cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AWWayne
Level 2

"Preparing to Install" Screen

I have a project that I build as silent. When I run it from commendline with the silent switch, all is fine. But I need this to run silent when I click on it. As of now All I get is the "Preparing to install" screen. I would like to wither 1. have that surpressed so it is completely silent. or 2. replace that with a splash screen. How do I go about this?

Thank you
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
UtsabKarmakar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi,

Check only the "Silent" option under Installer UI > Look & Feel > Allowable UI Modes, and uncheck GUI & Console option if checked; this setting will only launch the installer in silent mode on executing the installer by click.

Under Build Installers > Build Targets > Expand the windows platform and choose "console launcher"(console launcher available only for Windows), this setting will not show the splash screen.

Regards
Utsab Karmakar
0 Kudos
Lee1212
Level 3

UtsabKarmakar wrote:
Hi,

Check only the "Silent" option under Installer UI > Look & Feel > Allowable UI Modes, and uncheck GUI & Console option if checked; this setting will only launch the installer in silent mode on executing the installer by click.

Under Build Installers > Build Targets > Expand the windows platform and choose "console launcher"(console launcher available only for Windows), this setting will not show the splash screen.

Regards
Utsab Karmakar

I use IS 2014
Can you give me some more info about where to find these settings?
(Build Installers > Build Targets > Expand the windows platform and choose "console launcher"(console launcher available only for Windows))

I don't know where to find it.
Thanks
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

The instructions above are relevant for InstallAnywhere—not for InstallShield. For help with InstallShield, please see the InstallShield forums here:
https://community.flexerasoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?133-InstallShield
0 Kudos