cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taile1
Level 3

prepend classes/JAR files to the installer CLASSPATH

Is there a way to prepend classes/JAR files to the installer CLASSPATH at run-time?

I have an existing installer. I like to run it with the new custom codes and plug-ins. Currently, I have to rebuild the installer everytime I change the custom code or plug-in.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

taile1 wrote:
Is there a way to prepend classes/JAR files to the installer CLASSPATH at run-time?

I have an existing installer. I like to run it with the new custom codes and plug-ins. Currently, I have to rebuild the installer everytime I change the custom code or plug-in.

AFAIK it is supposed to work that way: each time you modify something in the installer behavior, be that custom code and / or plugins, you need to rebuild it.
0 Kudos
taile1
Level 3

I am not change the custom code or plug-in behavior.

For example, I fix a NullPointerException in my custom code and rebuild the Java classes/JAR. What I like to do is use the new Java classes/JAR with the existing installer to test my fix.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Fixing a NPE is a change, so you have to rebuilt it (how much does it take?)
0 Kudos
taile1
Level 3

Installer build can take awhile because it has a lot files to process. When you are doing development work, this can be a drag.

In InstallShield MultiPlatform, user can pass in "-cp:p " argument to the installer launcher. This argument prepends to the installer Java VM $CLASSPATH. I wonder if InstallAnywhere has this similar feature.
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

It would be really gr8 if there is some feature like .. allowing to add a jar to classpath.
Any idea .. how to do this?
0 Kudos
3X-Man
Level 6

I'm facing the same issue.

This is really a feature that should be in such a software!!

X.
0 Kudos