cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfromm1
Level 7

launch anywhere fails under linux

My setup has builds for linux and windows.
On windows the launch anywhere console starter works well, under
linux I get:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: lax/nl/java/option/java/heap

I compare the .lax files from linux and windows and they are mostly the same.
(main classes, classpaths, xmx settings and son on looks fine inside the .lax)
In my opinion the starter shoud work.

Does anybody else discover problems at linux launch anywhere console starter?

Update:
I tested GUI-mode and it also fails.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
tfromm1
Level 7

I found the problem... 😉

Inside the .lax there were some -D options configured. But one of them had a typo inside...
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

Is there a SUN JRE/JDK installer under Linux? It fails with GNU Java as far as I remember...

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

Thanks Yves for the reply...

No, as I wrote just a typo inside some options (two -D system property definitions without a space between).

In general I ship bundled JDKs... but ATM there exists a problem with Sun JDK6u4, because they have changed inside the versionnumber and IA breaks withn number format exception ;-)... but thats another (already reported) problem...

Btw:
Has somebody of you the Sun JDK 6u3 original setup files?
Unfortunality I cannot download them on Sun websites. ATM I use JDK 6uN EA, but I'm not happy with that.

I need .sh for Linux, Offline for Windows, and the .sh for sparc Solaris.

Maybe somebody can provide them for download? 🙂
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I can point you to the right direction: just go here: http://java.sun.com/products/archive/ and you'll see JDK/JRE - 6: the first choice in the dropdown menu is 6 update 3. Click on the Go button and you should have landed here: http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u3/index.html
After that I guess that there are dynamic links, so they wouldn't have worked if posted... Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

pv!

Thats exactly this what I looked for. 🙂
0 Kudos