cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitaks2
Level 5

hyperlink inside serial panel screen

Hi All,
We are facing a new problem in adding a hyperlink inside serial panel screen or any link/button inside description panel.
Our purpose is to redirect to our company website to get serial no,But currently it is not clickable.Is there work around to do this job?
How ever in serail pabel there are 4 options available (selectable only one at a time)to add item on screen.
We are using IA2008 edition.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Have you enabled the relevant installation modes in Installer UI/Look & Feel/General UI Settings/Allowable UI Modes?
0 Kudos
amitaks2
Level 5

yes we have enable Allowable UI Modes>GUI.But it does't help.

Our purpose is to just add a hyperlink(our website) in the description paragraph.But the description is not a HTML.Or there could we create a custome button in this panel?We are using IA2008 EE.

Please suggest for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
AMIT
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm sorry, I was replying to another thread at the same time, and I simply mixed up the posts, so please disregard my previous post, this is what I meant to post: I don't see any HTML link in your panel. You may use an Important Note panel right before the Serial Number panel (in which you can display HTML) or you can create a Custom Panel!
0 Kudos
amitaks2
Level 5

Thanks for your quick reply.
But our purpose is not to add another display html panel.I wanted only to add a button/label/htperlink in existing serial panel.
Is it possibe to edit serial panel?
also i had tried to make a custome panel.It looks in privew mode but it can not display in actual installation(cant see my custome panel made).Any idea or suggestion for the same?

Thanks
Level 20

As far as I can see, there is nothing much you can do with the Get Serial Number Panel. You may try to use HTML code, but I doubt it'll work...
When it comes to the custom panel, you need to have the custom code built and jarred and have the .jar file included in the setup.
0 Kudos
amitaks2
Level 5

Thanks for your reply.

Also I have tried scrolling message panel.On which I put a hyperlink inside description paragraph.It works fine in windows(opens link in browser) platform ,however it does't open any link in mac platform.I am wondering why this is so descriminancy in mac platform.Can any one have some words on this problem(open link in new browser in mac for scrolling panel).

Level 20

Well, either there is no default browser on Mac (but I doubt it, most likely it's Safari) or there is an issue on Mac (you may want to try to download an IA 2010 trial and build your project in order to see if you reproduce your issue).
0 Kudos
amitaks2
Level 5

Thank so much
0 Kudos