cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhiyangchen
Level 6

fail to check system architecture

Hi everyone,

I use the custom rule "Check System Architecture" to check my installer is running on x86 or x86_x64, but it doesn't work to filter the x86 system.Does anybody has ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hi,

There are already some other posts regarding this, search for "Check System Architecture" in the forum.

e.g. http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=191068

--Jerome
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I think that in this case you simply miss the rule for Intel 32-bit.
0 Kudos
zhiyangchen
Level 6

Hi,

What I want is not show the feature on the x86 system,but it still show it even I remove the Intel32 platform and only check to perform on x86_64 and other x64 platfroms.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

zhiyangchen wrote:
Hi,

What I want is not show the feature on the x86 system,but it still show it even I remove the Intel32 platform and only check to perform on x86_64 and other x64 platfroms.

I'm afraid I didn't understand you: on what platform you want your installer to work and on what platform you don't want it to work?
0 Kudos
zhiyangchen
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
I'm afraid I didn't understand you: on what platform you want your installer to work and on what platform you don't want it to work?

Hi,

Sorry about unclear information. As you can see from the picture, I only choose x64 platfrom to perform this action, but when I run my installer on x86 platform, it will aslo perform this action. So the "Check System Architecture" doesn't work actually.

I try to wrote a custom code to get os.arch from java but it will show the value in JRE not exactly the system information.
0 Kudos
zhiyangchen
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:

I want omy installer work on x64 platform but not work on x86 platform.

As you can see from the picture, I only choose x64 platfrom to perform this action, but when I run my installer on x86 platform, it will aslo perform this action.

I try to wrote a custom code like get System.getProperty("os.arch") to get os.arch from java but it doesn't show the information of hardware or processor but the JVM information.
0 Kudos
nosrednayduj
Level 7

I have a custom rule, is64BitArch, that uses the following snippet to decide the bit mode:

static int getWindowsBits() {
String arch = System.getenv("PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE");
String arch2 = System.getenv("PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432");
if (arch == null)
return 32;
if (arch2 != null) arch = arch2;
if (arch.compareToIgnoreCase("x86") == 0)
return 32;
else
return 64;
}

This handles the case where you're running inside a program that's in the 32 bit WOW emulator but really it's on 64, which is why we check two vars.

On unix it uses completely different code, to exec a command, "getconf LONG_BIT" for linux and "isainfo -b" for solaris.
0 Kudos