cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhiyangchen
Level 6

how to add maintaince panels

Hi guys,

I am using IA2010SP1, and I used to enable the Maintenance mode and it add the panels for "Add Features" and "Repair Products". I remove those actions and I want to reenable them by check "Enable Maintenance Mode Support", but it doesn't add the panels automatically for me.

Do you have any ideas to this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

The first time the panels were added automatically or you had to add them manually?
0 Kudos
zhiyangchen
Level 6

I enable maintiance mode first time and the panels added automatically. And then I remove them but I couldn't add them anymore by enable maintiance mode.

pv7721 wrote:
The first time the panels were added automatically or you had to add them manually?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Ah, interesting, maybe this is a known issue with IA? Maybe you should ask the support...
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

Hi All,

This is not an issue.

The first time when you enable the maintenance mode, we add the panels for you - this is to get you an idea of how to get started with maintenence mode.

If you take off these default panels, then we assume that you know what you are doing.

In any case, you can add these panels manually and set the check running mode rule to get maintenance mode working.

Thanks,
Jiju
0 Kudos
zhiyangchen
Level 6

The problem is, I couldn't add this panels again by enable maintiance mode or add custom actions. There is no such panels.
0 Kudos
zhiyangchen
Level 6

how can I manually add the panel in the attached.
0 Kudos
shemareddy
Level 4

Hi Zhiyagchen,

To add this manually, navigate to Pre-Install tab, click on 'Add Action'.
Under panels you would see Panel: Add Features Introduction that needs to be included. I am assuming that you have enabled maintenance mode and Add features checkbox.

Thanks
0 Kudos
zhiyangchen
Level 6

But I couldn't add the panels like "Add Feature" or "Remove Feature", they doesn't exist in custom action.

Another issue is the installer seems store infomation I choose last time I run.
0 Kudos