cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_decosta
Level 9

hi can i control the fonts of the installer through some way

hi,
i want to know if i can control the font size of the letters appearing in the dialog boxes or panels,does any one have some idea
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

You can only control them in a HTML panel (or in a Custom one). But as it is Java, you can probably hack yourself in...

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi,
i have a requirement in which i need to change the fonts of the alphabets to trebuchet-MS or some other font in the dialog boxes and in the installer panels,
can you please tell me how to hack in through java and achieve this feature.
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

I never tryed it, you need to find out yourself...

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi,
i found out that there is a installanywhere variable called $FONT$ in windows can through some means by manipulating it can the fonts of the alphabets appearing in the title menu,dialog boxes etc .
Please guide me i am trying to write the custom code for this .
Regards,
James
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

can anyone suggest me what does this mean and how can i control this through some means to control the font of the alphabets which appear in the title menu,
and in the text fields and the labels which i am going to use.
any suggestions are eagerly awaited.
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

You probably can't as it only contains the directory in which the font files are.

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi,
does this mean there is no way for changing the fonts of the text fields and in the install title and in other dialog boxes and i am bound to use the fonts provided by installanywhere.
Regards,
james
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

There used to be a way to do it using custom code, but I'm not sure if it is still working. What is your IA version?
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi,
i have IA 5.5 and and IA 8.0
IS there any way out if this problem,any suggestions are eagerly awaited.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi,
my problem is not with the custom code panel but my problem is with install anywhere panels that is i mean to say in the introduction panel or any panel which appears ,i am not satisfied with the fonts which appear in the title or field box and so on.
How to change the fonts in the installanywhere panels ?
what shall i do regarding these?
By the way which font is the installanywhere using ???????????????/
Regards,
James.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

If you read the thread linked in my previous post, I think it is pretty clear that there is no way to control the fonts in the standard IA panels. The only way to do is to use custom code (and maybe recreate standard panels via custom code). As I've also stated in that thread, one can find standard IA panels that do even not share the same fonts! So I'm afraid only someone from Macrovision can say what fonts are used for each panel.
0 Kudos