cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msankar
Level 3

expand archive option in pre-install action

Hi All,
I am working on one of the big product.I want to extract a zip file(zip size is 200mb) to some temp location and from their i have to call the one the .exe file(say setup.exe).This action needs to happen in pre-install only.

Presently Expance archive option is available only in Install time.Is there any way to extract the zip or any alternatives of doing this task.Suggestions welcome.

Can anybody help me on this?.

Regards,
Sankar
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

I think you would need to use the ExtractToFile plugin!
0 Kudos
msankar
Level 3

Hi,
I think this action is only for single file(say Test.txt).I am looking for extracting the zip file.Is this action going to work for zip file also.If yes can you give me a suggestion how i can use it.

thank you for your reply.

--sankar
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well either you have the setup.exe to be installed as a prerequisite, or have it as the first action in the install task, or have a master installer that installs the setup.exe then your installer.
0 Kudos
nosrednayduj
Level 7

I mess with a zip file in postinstall by executing an ant script and using ant's task. Probably this would work in preinstall too.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, in order to mess up with it it needs to be installed... or nothing is installed it in the Pre-Install task!...
0 Kudos