cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandy_2008
Level 7

difference in using IA for Windows and Linux

We have a product that supports multiple platforms like Windows, Linux, HP-UX, AIX and Solaris. I was wondering which InstallAnywhere should I use for it? Should I use IA that runs on Windows or Linux? Will it make any difference?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
sandy_2008
Level 7

When we say InstallAnywhere is written in Java. Doesn't it mean that it should be run on any architecture? Why IA has sources different on windows, linux and other unix flavours? May be my question is insane. 🙂
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

sandy_2008 wrote:
We have a product that supports multiple platforms like Windows, Linux, HP-UX, AIX and Solaris. I was wondering which InstallAnywhere should I use for it? Should I use IA that runs on Windows or Linux? Will it make any difference?

If by this question you mean what IA version to use on your desgin and build machine, I guess that it comes up to your preference. If you're at ease with Windows, then use the Windows IA version. If you prefer Linux, then use Linux. Normally, no matter what IA version you use, it is capable of producing binaries for Windows & the list of Unices you mentioned.
0 Kudos