cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahimi
Level 3

compatibility problems with windows 7

Hello,

I have created a build of a software package that was written in Java, using the eclipse IDE. The build configuration includes a vm package which is based on jre version 1.6.0_25 (or jdk1.6.0_25). The build was created fine, without any glitches. And the install runs ok. Every step in the program was performed on windows 7. The jre I used is for windows x86. Once installed, the application runs fine on windows xp, however there is a compatibility issue with running on windows 7 and the only way around the problem is to run the program with windows xp compatibility mode on windows 7 which is not a desirable solution. I would not expect for this to happen as the jar files that are used in the build are created with windows 7 operating system. Any suggestion in trying to resolve this issue is very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Amir Rahimi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Would it be possible to post your project?
0 Kudos
rahimi
Level 3

Unfortunately that is not possible.
Thanks,
Amir
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Then I guess only the Flexera Software support can help you.
0 Kudos
rahimi
Level 3

Hi Vlad,

InstallAnywhere support is expensive :).

So far I have rulled out java run time environment as a root cause of this problem. I suspect that there is something in the java code in my project that could be the cause of this. Of course, it is a massive code and may take a while to track it down.

Thanks,
Amir
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

The support is free if you purchase a maintenance along with your IA license. If you've got an issue, but no one can look at it, then I'm not sure who else will be able to help you.
0 Kudos
rahimi
Level 3

My company didn't purchase support! But I agree with you, It would be hard to fix the problem if they didn't have access to the code.
Thanks,
Amir
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Moreover, the maintenance allows free upgrades (Flexera Software makes older versions EOL (End of Life) when releasing newer versions. You'll have some time, as IA 2011 was just released, but look at a case when you need support and you don't have it...
0 Kudos
rahimi
Level 3

Good point. I will look into that.
Thanks,
Amir
0 Kudos
markfly
Level 3

I mean how to set the IA variable to use the output of my java custom code.
0 Kudos