cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techie42
Level 6

child installers

Is it possable (or wise) to run an IA installer with another IA instalkler running as an external command?

Thanks,

Bradley
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I haven't done much with it myself, but for one possibility perhaps see if the IA concept of "merge module" will help...
0 Kudos
Techie42
Level 6

RobertDickau wrote:
I haven't done much with it myself, but for one possibility perhaps see if the IA concept of "merge module" will help...

I would rather do it that way myself but, I have third party teams handing off installers that they also want to run as stand alone products.

My main worry would be a conflict with temp folders (I had seen this isssue when trying a similar thing in IS X ISMP.)

Bradley
0 Kudos
henrypootel
Level 3

Hi
I'm wanting to do the same thing. we want to have our customers choose from a list of installers from our website and then download a ZIP file that contains all the installers selected, plus a master installer that runs all of the downloaded Child installers. i have been able to do it using the 'execute target installer' action, but that only works on child installers that are actually contained in the main installer. i want to do exactly the same thing, but on tagets that are not included in the main installer.
is there any way to do it?
0 Kudos
Techie42
Level 6

henrypootel wrote:
Hi
I'm wanting to do the same thing. we want to have our customers choose from a list of installers from our website and then download a ZIP file that contains all the installers selected, plus a master installer that runs all of the downloaded Child installers. i have been able to do it using the 'execute target installer' action, but that only works on child installers that are actually contained in the main installer. i want to do exactly the same thing, but on tagets that are not included in the main installer.
is there any way to do it?

I am attempting to do that using execute command. I have is 'mostly' working.

Bradley
0 Kudos