cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_decosta
Level 9

can i change the panel frame using AWT

hi,
i am a bit new to custom panels and i want to know if i can change the tab names using what ???????????????????????
i would like to know what am i supposed to learn for writing customcode panels.
AWT or what
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

IA 2008 does no longer support AWT but uses exclusively Swing instead.

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi ,
ok i want to know one fact from everyone that if i can change the label names from ok and cancel to some other names.
AND can i change the panel frame size to my own imagination and
i am new to custom code panels .So i want to know if i need to learn swings for controlling the look and feel of installanywhere panels
And as yves said everything about look and feel of the panels can be changed as it is java,
I want to know if i can change the look and feel of the panels and the label names and on clicking of the continue button setting some installanywhere variable to null.
Am i supposed to learn swings for installanywhere panels look and feel customisation.
My requirement is to create a panel in which fonts should be set accordingly and tab names should be changed
Any suggestions awaited eagerly
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

The label names OK and Cancel can be found in C:\Program Files\InstallAnywhere 2008 Enterprise\resource\i18nresources\custom_xx

The size of the panels can be set in the advanced installer: Installer UI -> Look & Feel.

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi,
my requirement is like this the tab names of OK and CANCEL should change only in one single page.
As you said to change the tab names at the resources place, i have got a doubt like it will change the name of the tabs at each and every panel which appears.
Can anyone clear my mind in this .
I want only one panel to have tabs "CONFIRM" and "PROCEED" replacing "OK"
and "CANCEL".
How can i make it possible
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

Changing in the resource changes them forever and on every panel. For what you want to do: This is quite complex and I doubt you have the experience and skills to do so. Try to think of another way or pay someone to realize it...

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi,
i am thinking of creating a customcode panel .
If by any means i get the label setting to OK tab and cancel tab i can do it.
there is method called "okToContinue" in that method i want to add a label with the name "Confirm" and "Proceed".
Of course i am new to installanywhere and i am in the learning phase of installanywhere but i believe i can make it possible,
Hence i need your help in making it possible.
0 Kudos
purcellk24
Level 7

For the fastest or maybe the easiest "solution", display a dialog box. You can do that in either the okToContinue() method, or right after the panel has been displayed.
0 Kudos