cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandy_2008
Level 7

build.proeprties in IA2008?

I didn't find any build.properties file in IA2008 evaluation version. Instead, there is Buildproperties.xml file. Has the format for build properties file changed in this version compared to previous versions?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
sandy_2008
Level 7

I copied the build.properties file from my IA7.1.3 installation to my IA2008 evaluation version.
In my project file, I have added one more platform 'windows'. So, I have got 'windows' platform twice. The output directory for one was 'windows_32' and 'windows_64' for another. For windows_64, the VM bundled was 64bit.

I just wanted to know, how my build.properties file should look like if I just want to build installer for windows 64?
When I keep the following setting, IA builds installer for both windows_32 and windows_64.

com.zerog.ia.build.platform.windows.vm=true
com.zerog.ia.build.vmpack.windows.path=SunJRE150Win64.vm
#com.zerog.ia.build.vmpack.windows.path=SunJRE160_02Win32.vm
0 Kudos
AlvinShih
Level 3

I see your post and find hint from yourself reply...then I can got the build.properties format by Google....
:mad: It is so bad in IA 2008 VP1 manual, tell us in Command-Line build options but say "-p BuildProperties.xml"

To build installers for MyProduct project overriding the saved build settings for that project with a build properties file:

build MyProduct.iap_xml -p BuildProperties.xml

This is wrong!! because the xml file could not be used in command-line build.
More terrible things, no any build.properties sample in the manual or in resources folder!!:mad:

I find some sample in kb, hope this can input into manual in future.
http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q000343
0 Kudos
AlvinShih
Level 3

I find some sample in kb, hope this can input into manual in future.
http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q000343
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

What and how should i modify the buildProperties.xml file to get build output(install.exe) to a specific location ?

I have tried:

"C:\TEMP"

BuildOutputLocation="C:\TEMP"

BUT NONE OF THESE IS WORKING.. .. WHAT IS THE CORRECT SYNTAX?
0 Kudos