cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asorenson
Level 2

Windows error 2 when trying to start installer

InstallAnywhere 2012 Standard (Build 4390)

Making an installer without VM. When launched on Windows 7 a LaunchAnywhere Error dialog pops up with the message "Windows error 2 occured while loading the Java VM"
(BTW 'occurred' is spelled wrong.)

The Environment Variable JAVA_HOME is set to C:\Program files\Java\jre7
If I use install.exe LAX_VM "C:\Program files\Java\jre7", it works a bit better in that instead of getting the error immediately, it waits until it reaches 100%.
I tried adding %JAVA_HOME% to Project/JVM Settings/Windows tab/Search Path tab, but it did not help.

What else can I try?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
asorenson
Level 2

Ok, turns out I need to add C:\Program files\Java\jre7\bin to the system's Environment PATH variable, then the installer hums along.

Instead of altering the environment, can this be handled in the installer setup?
0 Kudos
jyotsnas
Level 3

Hello

I think you can try adding the path ( C:\Program files\Java\jre7\bin) by declaring a varibale in Access Path Name under Edit > Preferences > Source Paths.

Regards

JSaroha
0 Kudos
einelh
Level 2

I am not a computer wiz.
can you give exact directions how to do that?

installed once without problem, (unistalled because program didn't work) now I get error 2.
have latest JAVA.
thanks
0 Kudos
robfinley
Level 2

I spent an entire day trying to get lmadmin installed on my home machine.
Then, it occurred to me. Why do all the solutions involve adding Jvm7 to the search path?

It's not JAVA8 compatible. Sigh.

The ECAD tool company I have to deal with doesn't think I need "lmadmin". But, management insists on having it. If this has been fixed by Flexera, I'm stuck with what I have saved away in the cloud, now joined by the final release of JVM 7 installer.

I love lmadmin. Keeps people from wanting to complain at me.
0 Kudos
marianciu
Level 3

Hi

I have problem with installed program on Windows and Java 1.8.0_60. After double click on installation file I receive "Windows error 2 occurred while loading the Java VM" information,

Installer works perfect for each older version Java, than Java 1.8.0_60.

I found two workaround for this case. First is remove 'C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath' path from PATH System Variable. Second is run installation file from command console with parameter LAX_VM (example: installer.exe LAX_VM "C:\Program Files\java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin\java.exe").

Any above workaround satisfied me - I need to have normal work installer through double click (without modifying PATH Variable) with Java 1.8.0_60.

Have you any idea how to solve this problem?

Br
Marcin
0 Kudos
Val__T_
Level 2

Marianciu

I work with InstallAnywhere-2014 and Jre1.8.0_65. The same problem occured with me when I define 'C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath' to the PATH System Variable.

Resolution for me was installation of Jre8 specifically in the C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath.

Val
0 Kudos