cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
totaram
Level 2

Windows 7 Installation problem

Hi,
I am trying my application installation from installer supposed to work for Win32.
I can install on other Windows platform(XP.. etc) but not so for Windows 7 .
It shows me Error Dialog with content as below.

It shows the meggase dialog box containg the messages "The installer has determined that it cannot run on your configuration. Please verify that you are attempting to install on one of the following operation systems: Windows 95, Windows NT, or Solaris." with 'Ok' option.
I am using installAnyWhere 2008.
Please help me out.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Most likely installation is not enabled for Windows 7 platform. You must explicitly added it in the list of the Rules applied to the installer.
0 Kudos
totaram
Level 2

But Windows 7 option is not available in the select operating system list
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

You must manually add it to the list.
0 Kudos
muradkhan
Level 3

Small highjack of this post. Sorry.

Been happily using IA 2008 Enterprise under XP for a while. Due to budget cuts need to stay with it for a while longer. However, several of our customers are gradually moving to 64 bit hardware. So we'd like to move IA over to a 64 bit Windows 7 box.

Officially, Windows 7 is not a supported platform, however, would it be safe to assume that IA 2008 Enterprise might work under WoW64 (Windows 32-bit on Windows 64-bit)?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Hey, this is just a reminder that IA 2008 is no longer supported (IA 2008 Value Pack 1, the version right after it, has just became EOS (End of Sales).
0 Kudos