cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandy_2008
Level 7

Why one zip file was not extracted

Hi, we have zip files in Install actions and we assign those actions to features defined. During nightly RR, the installer was built and the installation was done an HP machine, but it was found that some files were missing in the installation. What I later found that, those files were defined in one zip file. This zip file had all those files. I do not know why that zip is not getting extracted.
I fired the installer build again using the same zip files, and this time the installation had those missing files.

When I check .com.zerog.registry.xml files of both the installation, I can't find those files in the earlier installation. I want to know what that zip file belonging to a particular component did not install in earlier installation.? How can I debug this?
Please help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
sandy_2008
Level 7

Why can't I see that component which had those files defined, in .com.zerog.registry.xml of the previous installation? What could be the reason?
0 Kudos
sandy_2008
Level 7

Is it possible to find out the size of a zip file from the installer?
I could see the difference in the sizes of these two installers.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

AFAIK it is not possible to get the size of the .zip from within the installer. If I were you I would investigate what could have been gone wrong with the automatic nightly build.
0 Kudos