cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnujHP
Level 2

Why do you need credentials for building Virtual Appliance

Hi,

I am using the IABookstore Sample(provided with IA 2012) for Creating Virtual Appliances.

The build fails with the following error:

General Step Validating Appliance Configurations Failed!, Reason = Validation Failed : Fatal Error Credential Information should be specified for Appliance Build to Succeed

Why do you ask the credentials for Target Hypervisor even though I have unchecked the Deploy this Appliance checkbox.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
rajarajn
Level 5

Hi,

While bulding the appliance , Appliance builder refers the vCenter or VSphere information. Without help of Vcenter or VSpehere machine, appliance build is not possible.
0 Kudos
AnujHP
Level 2

rajarajn wrote:
Hi,

While bulding the appliance , Appliance builder refers the vCenter or VSphere information. Without help of Vcenter or VSpehere machine, appliance build is not possible.

Ok, I got it.
Now, after giving the required information, the build is failing with the following error.

02/18/2013 19:40:44

02/18/2013 19:40:54

Build Failed !!!, Fatal Errors occurred while building Appliance Build Configuration

: Tried 26 times, but could not get IP for VM

02/18/2013 20:09:09

02/18/2013 20:09:09

Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
rajarajn
Level 5

Hi,

Probably this is due to IP pools are exhausted in your environment. Confirm that Virtual Machines environment IP pools are not exhausted.If you once solve the IP pools issue,this error won't happened.
0 Kudos