cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhllwy
Level 4

Using Tags with Build Configurations

I have a very simple installer that installs a single speed folder. Originally the only supported platform was Linux x86_64.

I now am adding Linux PPC support. The content of the speed folder is platform unique, so I have one directory that needs to be installed for x86 and another directory that needs to be installed for PPC:

export/TEDA -- x86 directory
export_ppc/TEDA -- ppc directory

I created a Linux x86 Build Configuration (Linux_x86) and another for Linux PPC (Linux_PPC)

I created two tags: Linux_x86 and Linux_PPC and assigned them to the appropriate Build Configuration.

I added a new Speed Folder action that points to the export_ppc/TEDA directory

I assigned the Linux_x86 tag to the x86 Speed Folder action and the Linux_PPC tag to the PPC Speed Folder action.

Each Speed Folder is showing the following error:
"Tags not consistent wiht either of parents in the "Visual Hierarchy", "Feature", or "Component"

When I build the PPC Build Configuration.. it is picking up the x86 Speed Folder action -- not the PPC one.

I do not have any Features... just the Application one.

I do not want to include this directory twice since that would make the installer twice as big as needed

What am I missing?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RamyaVenkatesh
Level 7

Hi,

This happens when the tag association to project elements are not correct. When you create a tag, enable the checkbox- associate with all project elements. Later, when you add your actions like SpeedFolder etc., associate only the required tag to them.

Hope this helps

Thanks
0 Kudos
jhllwy
Level 4

I finally got this working the way I expected. The missing piece was selecting the "Optimize the installer size by Platform and Tags" check box in the Distribution tab of my build configuration.

To summarize:

I have two tags:
Linux_x86
Linux_PPC

I did NOT select "Associate with all project elements" when creating these tags.

I assigned them to the appropriate build configurations and actions.

I chose "Optimize the installer size.." for each BC.

I still see the error "Tags not consistent with either of parents.." error on each of the speedfolder actions. I am told there is a WO #IOA-000068457 opened to fix this.

My project builds and looks to be grabbing the correct speed folder when building.
0 Kudos
nosrednayduj
Level 7

I tried using tags for the first time last week and I also got the "tags not consistent" problem. Since we have support, I reported this problem and attached a very simple project to demonstrate. Flexera acknowledged that the problem exists, but notes that the project will build and install properly, it's just a spurious warning. They have a work order for it: IOA-000068457.

BTW, I experienced the tags problem in IA2012. I'm pretty disappointed in the quality of the recent IA versions. It's like they don't even run their documentation examples through the project before releasing! And they didn't even accomplish this bug from IA2011 to IA2012!
0 Kudos