cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debnull
Level 4

Uninstaller on WinXP hangs when uninstalling the jre

Hello,

One of my installers is hanging at the uninstall portion of the jre. The install completes successfully. This installer was originally created in 8.0.1 and I let it convert when I opened it in IA 2008. Also, I am using a custom vm to be able to bundle the 1.5.0_14 jre.

I click the uninstaller while holding down the cntl key and here is what is outputted in the console (nothing out of the jre is deleted):

Installer: no 'sea_loc' in working dir, couldn't define $EXTRACTOR_EXECUTABLE$
Loading externalized properties
** Warning: The specified install set could not be found. Using default.
Exception in thread "uninstall" java.lang.StackOverflowError
at java.lang.Character.toLowerCase(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.String.toLowerCase(Unknown Source)
at ZeroGum.a(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGd.a(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGd.a(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGd.a(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGd.a(DashoA10*..)
........... many many more of the same line over and over until it crashes.

This installer used to work with a custom vm (1.5.0_12) without any problems and I tried using the 1.5.0_12 vm as my jre to narrow down the problem but it still happens every time. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!
Deb Berkson
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
debnull
Level 4

The vm I bundle uninstalls correctly in a dummy new installer I created for trouble shooting -- This dummy installer just installs the uninstall directory/bits and the jre... Just a little more information for anyone who may have maybe seen this behaviour before...
0 Kudos
debnull
Level 4

This has been resolved in case anybody is interested. I had to set lax.nl.java.option.additonal -Xss2048 and voila -- my uninstaller worked. During the uninstall of the jre it still seem to hang for a couple of minutes but then it pushes through. I think (because a user will be tempted to think it did indeed hang) I will try another idea I have instead but I wanted to document one work-around in case it helps someone sometime.
0 Kudos