cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arrbee
Level 4

Uninstaller not being signed on Windows

Running IA2015 SP1 Premier on Windows 7, I've set the the project options to digitally sign the installer and this works fine.

However the uninstaller is not being signed - is there a separate control for this that I've missed ?
The only thing I've modified for this on the Sequence/Install page is to rename it to "Modify $PRODUCT_NAME$ Installation".
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
igiguere
Level 4

You are in luck. I asked support about this just yesterday 🙂

http://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/HOWTO/Q211494

There are 6 .exe that need to be signed themselves, and kept in the InstallAnywhere instance building the installer. When you build the installer, these .exe will ensure that the uninstaller is singed.

I haven't tested yet, but it's from Flexera support, so....
0 Kudos
arrbee
Level 4

Thanks for the suggestion, but I still see the same unsigned exe warning message from Windows.

The problem is with the maintenance mode exe, i.e. the one that offers the repair/uninstall add/remove features selection.
0 Kudos
arrbee
Level 4

In fact if I try to sign the "Change PRODUCT Installation.exe" file that is produced by the installer I get:

SignTool Error: SignedCode::Sign returned error: 0x800700C1
%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

which I guess explains why the installer isn't managing to sign it either !

( this is using the Windows signtool )
0 Kudos
rajarajn
Level 5

We couldn't face any issues as such. It would be good if you could provide more details on the project configuration .
0 Kudos
arrbee
Level 4

It appears that the problem is related to selecting a different icon for the uninstaller in the Create Uninstaller action.
If I change this back to using the default icon then the built uninstaller is signed correctly.
0 Kudos