cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wigginsca
Level 3

Uninstall is not removing all folders on Windows Server 2016

Uninstalling our product on s Windows Server 2016 does not remove the jre or the Uninstall_Product folders. Uninstalling on other window platforms, everything is removed properly. Any reason why product won't fully uninstall on Windows Server 2016.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
jlevac
Level 3

I'm also seeing the same Issue in Windows 2016. A java process remains after successfully running the uninstaller. Note that this java process was spawned by the uninstaller, not the application being uninstalled. Something holds a lock on the jre folder (presumable the java process). Once I manually kill the process, I am able to remove the jre folder.

The uninstall logs are reporting a successful removal of the folder, but the jre folder still remains.

Uninstall Folder: C:\Program Files\FOLDER\jre

I'm assuming this is an InstallAnywhere bug.

We are using InstallAnywhere 2017.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi,

We are not facing any such kind of issues.
It will be helpful if you could elaborate more on any particular settings which you are doing at your end.

Thank you
Vaishnavi
0 Kudos
wigginsca
Level 3

Looks to be related to type of user doing the uninstall. Uninstall works fine if user is local admin. If user is a Domain Admin the uninstall leaves files behind.
0 Kudos
phanik
Level 6

make sure no other applications are being used by same jre on your machine.
make sure all the application related services/process are stopped properly in "pre uninstall stage".
since 2016 is recent os one, make sure it is up to date.
0 Kudos