cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodddo
Level 3

Uninstall fails - Could not find the main class.

Hi,

I am getting the following error when I run the uninstall exe.

Could not find the main class. Program will exit.

Any thoughts appreciated.

uninstaller.jar is in the same directory

thanks

Rod
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Do you bundle any VM with your installer, and if yes, what version is that? Do you install it or is it used at installation time only? If not, what is the JVM version installed on the system? On what platform does this happen, Windows or Unix? Does this happen on a single platform or on more than one?
0 Kudos
rodddo
Level 3

I install the default 1.6.0_02 on windows server 2003. It is bundled, so installed at install time. I have only tried it on a single platform.

thanks
0 Kudos
aktersnurra
Level 2

I have the same problem on Windows Vista. I don't bundle any JVM with our produkt and I have "java.vm.version == 1.5.0_15-b04" on my client. When trying to start the uninstaller it exits directly stating "Could not find the main class. Program will exit." with no other logs to go on.
I am trying the demo version of InstallAnywhere 2008 VP1. My project has never given me this problem using IA 8.0.

Any idea what this could be?
0 Kudos
aktersnurra
Level 2

Rodddo is your project a new project that you have created in IA 2008?

My project is initially created in IA 8.0 which I have opened up in IA 2008 just to try it out. Maybe I need to make a conversion of my project in some way in order to get it to work?
0 Kudos