cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrohit
Level 4

Unable to launch InstallShield 2008 Evaluation Version

Hi,
I installed evaluation version of Installshield 2008 but am unable to launch the application. I am working on Win XP SP2 OS. Need more information on the following:

A.
I have download Installshield 2008 (installshield2008pro.exe - 171,362,880 bytes / 163 MB) from macrovision.com website.
The website specifies the size of the executable as 168 MB but after downloading, it shows 163 MB. What is the correct size of the executable after downloading? Have i downloaded the correct sized executable?

B.
I could successfully install IS2008 on my machine without any restart of my m/c. When i click on the link "InstallShield 2008" (pointing to isdev.exe) under Macrovision in Startup menu nothing happens. I tried manually executing "isdev.exe" on a command prompt under [INSTALLDIR]\System but still nothing comes up.

I also have InstallAnywhere 8 & 7.1 Enterprise installed on my machine.

What would be the reason for application failing to launch? Am i missing something or is it to do something with the registry?
Any suggestions on this is very much helpful.

Thanks
Rohit
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MEinstaller
Level 7

Are you having problems with InstallShield or InstallAnywhere? Depending on your answer you may be in the wrong forum.

As far as it not working I would contact Macrovision to see what is going on.
0 Kudos
mrohit
Level 4

I am having problem launching evaluation version of Installshield 2008.
Anybody faced such similar issue please help me out.

Thanks
Rohit
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

You are in the wrong forum then...

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos