cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Commander_Groo
Level 4

System.out.println()

I'm trying to output debug messages and other status updates of my custom code but System.out.println() does not seem to write to the console. My installer is a generic Unix console installer. Is there something that I might me missing to have my System.out.println() statement output to the console? Where might they be ending up?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Commander_Groo
Level 4

I have found the Installer Debug Output setting that allows me to send the output to console. my follow up question: Is there away to toggle on and off stdout to the console during the install? perhaps a variable that can be set?

Thanks
0 Kudos
UtsabKarmakar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi,

Yes there is a option for that.
You can use LAX_DEBUG=true to print the debug output to console, to get the toggle effect, but then you have to remove the stdout settings that you have done to get the output in console.

Steps to display the debug output in console:
1. Open terminal.
2. Type export LAX_DEBUG=true
3. launch the installer.

Note:
If LAX_DEBUG is true and you want to switch off the debugging mode use export LAX_DEBUG to blank(ie export LAX_DEBUG=).

Regards,
Utsab Karmakar
0 Kudos
Commander_Groo
Level 4

Am I able to set the LAX_DEBUG env variable during runtime for debug statements to go to the console or does this need to be set prior to launching the installer?

Thanks
0 Kudos
UtsabKarmakar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi,
Yes, you have to set it before launching the installer.

Thanks,
Utsab Karmakar
0 Kudos