cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrewSE
Level 3

Step by step to Notarization?

Jump to solution

Can anyone provide a step-by-step guide to using Apple Notarization in InstallAnywhere 2020?

I've got a pile of .cer and .p12 files, four different kinds of certificates, application-specific passwords, and so on.  I've also got a pile of command xcrun commands to try to debug my problems... but the best I've been able to manage is "Package Invalid" failure from Apple's notarization service.  They're reporting errors like "The binary is not signed with a valid Developer ID certificate." and "The signature does not include a secure timestamp."

I'd love to see a step-by-step guide that I can use to create SSCCE.  Something like:

1. Create a new blank project
  2. Download your Developer ID Application certificate
  3. Click here
  4. Click there
  5. Click build
  6. Notice no errors
  7. Run this command to validate the notarization
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

After working with Tony (of Flexera Software Support), I've gotten notarization working!  Yay!

Our conversation is recorded in case number 02081289.   I believe this ticket was a duplicate or a rephrasing of the ticket that spurred case 02081289.

In other words, feel free to close this ticket.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
vdonga
Moderator Moderator
0 Kudos

After working with Tony (of Flexera Software Support), I've gotten notarization working!  Yay!

Our conversation is recorded in case number 02081289.   I believe this ticket was a duplicate or a rephrasing of the ticket that spurred case 02081289.

In other words, feel free to close this ticket.

Thanks

0 Kudos