cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yleigh
Level 3

Start Wizard "Preparing to install" garbled

We have a test case to run localized installer on win2k3 Korean, with system locale set to Spanish. (Don't ask me if this is a usefule test case.)
The Installer starup screen has 'preparing to install" garbaled, shown as "??????", but the 'Cancel' button is correctly localized to Korean.
Is this my Windows setting problem? How could I make it working then?
Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of your error?
0 Kudos
yleigh
Level 3

Here it is. I should be InstallAnywhere default translation. It's on Vista. I had it on Win2K3.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Wow. Now you confused me. You said in the first post that it was on Win2003. Now you say Vista? In any case, having question marks displayed instead of characters most likely means some fonts are missing.
0 Kudos
yleigh
Level 3

Well, it happened on both, Vista and Win2K3.
As far as I know, the rest of the install screens are all correctly displayed in Korean. So I must have all the Korean fonts. Not sure why these question marks only on this first launch screen.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Most likely it's a font / display issue in the IA self-extractor... however it seems to be really localized, as the button is correctly displayed. I don't know what to say, but as this screen is displayed for a relatively short period of time, maybe your end-user can live with that?
0 Kudos