cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkehoe
Level 4

SecurityException loading DB driver?

I need to include a database driver for my CustomCode action to connect to a DB. When I try to include the jar as dependency for that action the install.bin exits with the following error:

java.lang.SecurityExceptions: no mainfiest section for signature file entry.....

This is followed by the driver class name.

I've searched through the help & these forums, but can't figure out a solution.

Does anyone know how can I include the driver jar file in my IA project?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Is your jar signed?
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

If your jar file is signed, then please remove the signature entries i.e. *.dsa and *.sf file in your meta-inf directory and please try again.

This is a known issue with IA.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
jkehoe
Level 4

I removed the single .sf file that was in the jar and now it works. Thanks.

But that raises a couple questions.

1. Why does IA care if I include a jar that's signed? (Is an "issue" a bug?)

2. If this is a jar file from a DB vendor with their driver can I include it with the .sf file removed?
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

Hi jkehoe,

A signed jar contains a SHA1 digest in its manifest.mf file and signature files *.mf. These signature files ensure that the jar is not corrupted or modified in any way. Now when IA build generates a single executable for you, then it has to repackage these jars. Hence the signature entries no longer hold good for your new repackaged installer. Hence this results in Java Security throwing an exception while initializing.
Technically speaking, this is been acknowledged as a bug for IA.
Whether it is okay to remove the signature files out of your DB jars which you are redistributing is a question that I think is to be answered based on the terms and conditions of the jar file.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
jkehoe
Level 4

Thanks for the clarification. Is there a schedule for fixing this limitation?
0 Kudos