cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IAUser123
Level 3

Script to build the IA project

Hi,

We are using IA 2008 standard edition (Linux). We would like to build (to generate the 'install.bin') the IA project using script instead of using IA tool.
Can anyone tell an idea on how to do that?

Thanks in advance,
IAUser123
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Valdur
Level 5

I use enterprise so maybe there is some difference but mainly it should work the same way.
I use a visual basic script that calls the IA builder with commandline options e.g. Windows or Linux, in this vbs you can add some binarie download from your repository and such stuff...
(check the IA help for commandline stuff...)
Or there is an other way with ant scripts to build automaticly but this way i had some problems so i just used the vbs...
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

IAUser123, like Valdur just said, IA, besides the Advanced Designer, also has a command-line build utility that allows you to directly build designed projects, and this is most useful for integrating the building of setups in an automatic build process. But could you please be more specific on what exactly do you mean by "We would like to build (to generate the 'install.bin') the IA project using script instead of using IA tool." (Be aware that whatever you do, you will need to use at least the build tool (that is part of IA installation) (i.e. I don't think it is possible to reach the same setup.bin result by any other scripting means)).
0 Kudos
IAUser123
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I meant that we would like to have a script that builds the project and generates the final executable ('installProduct.bin') as an automated process. You also mentioned that there is a command line utility for building the project. Please let me know how to invoke that utility in IA 2008 standard edition.

Kindly let me know if any further details are required.

Thanks & Regards,
IAUser123
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

In my current Windows IA 8.0.1 Enterprise installation the build.exe is located at the top level in the installation folder. I don't see why this should have changed for the IA 2008 Linux version Standard Edition but if
find -name builld -type f /the/path/to/your/IA doesn't return anything, I guess that this feature (the command line build tool) lacks from the Standard edition (when compared to the Enterprise edition).
0 Kudos