cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdsinstaller
Level 3

Run SQL Script missing in my IA 2008 Enterprise VP1 download

Hi,

I have installed IA 2008 VP1(Enterprise). From documentation I understand that IA 2008 Enterprise has Run SQL action. However in my actions list I see
Move Folder Action
Set System Environment Variable
However I do not see Run SQL action.

What's the mystery?

Regards, Ravi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
gdsinstaller
Level 3

Good. This is real life. You try for hours to find the solution, write to the forums and then next minute (ok 10 minutes) I figure out how to do.

Anyway, here is the trick (yes its tricky and not straightforward)
- To "see" Run SQL action we need to
1/ go to Organization/Hosts, Click Add Host and add Database Server
2/ Now in Install you should see the select Database Server
3/ Click on it and select Actions; You will see only 1 action - "Run SQL Script"

Cool! But very kinky way to reach it.

Regards, Ravi
0 Kudos
alon2580
Level 5

Thanks for the guide.
I have a question since you are already on it.
I need to run a SQL script on MSSQL server, I see in Hosts that it is possible to add a MSSQL server but you need to provide credentials(user,password,ect)
so can I put them as IA variables or they need to be hard coded in the installer? cause I'm getting the credentials from the user during installation.

p.s- just to make myself clear- I'm not installing a MSSQL server but my application is communicating with an existing one on the target machine.
the purpose is-when the user enters the credentials during install- I want to connect to the database to see if the credentials are right and if not announce the user
10x
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

1. Using this functionality can I create new database ???
2. Can i specify the credentials (username, password, port, etc) from the user input (so that i can use the IA variables instead of username, password) ???

If it is so it would be very useful..
And is there any other support for Database Operations in IA 2008 ??
0 Kudos
alon2580
Level 5

I'm sorry but I didn't understand your answer
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

sorry that was a question 😛
i have edited it .. hope it makes sense .
0 Kudos