Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkiiitk
Level 4

Resetting Default value

Hello,
i have two varaible 1. $TEST$ and 2. $MODIFY$
in the first screen input text box i set $TEST$ variable as 456.
and next screen input text box default value is $TEST$ and resultant var is $MODIFY$. means the default value of $ MODIFY$ text field is $TEST$.
now i moved to previous screen using back button and edited the $TEST$ text box value to 123 and came to next screen here the default value of $MODIFY$ is not changing to 123.

my question is : the default value of input box is not resetting.

please suggest how can we achieve this one?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(11) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hello,

When you set your variable $MODIFY$, uncheck the "Evaluate any variable at assignement".
Then when you will press back and set a new value, this should be taken into account.

Jerome
0 Kudos
venkiiitk
Level 4

Hi thanks for your reply,
but we dont have such option for the advaced input text field default value.
once we set the default value of text field, i could not able to reset it with new value.

for a single or multiple variable actions we have such evaluate at assignment option.
but for advanced input text component we dont have such value.

please suggest some other
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

One suggestion I can made is to add a single variable between your 2 get user input panels:

Variable name= $MODIFY$
set value to = $TEST$
("evaluate" unchecked)

then in your second get user input for $MODIFY$, set its default value to $MODIFY$ instead of $TEST$.

This should work as you expect.
0 Kudos
venkiiitk
Level 4

HI,
i already tried in that but it did not work
please suggest some other way
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hello,

Same scenario works for me, can you please attach your project or at least screen shots of the 3 actions we were talking about.

Which version of IA are you using ?
Was the new variable set between the 2 "get user input" panels ?

Regards

Jerome
0 Kudos
venkiiitk
Level 4

Hello ,
thanks for your reply ,
iam using IA 2008 VP1
explain you my scenario again :

1. First screen : input text box : var : $TEST$ and gave 400
2. set instal anywhere var : $DEF_MODIFY$=$TEST$
3.second screen : inmput text box : var $MODIFY$ and default value : $DEF_MODIFY$

so now first screen i entered 400 so test is set to 400 and second screen will display the value with 400(default value).
now using back button moved to first screen and set $TEST$ to 600 and click next came to second screen and seeing 400 only instead of 600.

please suggest me the solution
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hello,

The goal of setting a variable between both panels is to allow the exclusion of setting "evaluate at assignment", but as you used an other variable, that one is still not excluded.

Instead I would have done:
1. First screen : input text box : var : $TEST$ and gave 400
2. set instal anywhere var : $MODIFY$=$TEST$
3.second screen : input text box : var $MODIFY$ and default value : $MODIFY$

Regards
0 Kudos
venkiiitk
Level 4

hi,
Still facing the same problem.
please find the attached project file.
i uploaded the file as text file "test.iap_xml.txt" please rename it to test.iap.xml and open it.
please suggest the solution
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hello,

It seems like the get user input simple & advanced doesn't play the same with variable !

If you modify your project and use get user input simple, this will work like you expect.
But using advanced user input seems to force the used variable to be "evaluate at assignment".

This looks like a bug, but I did not find any related known issue / comment on this, maybe similar to http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=187077&highlight=user+input+advanced+previous ?
0 Kudos
venkiiitk
Level 4

yes i think it is bug with advanced input and wokting with simply text
anyway thank you
0 Kudos
purcellk24
Level 7

One key piece of information here is the use of the "Back" button.
If on screen A you enter xyz and then on screen B, where a default is what is entered on screen A, then you go "Back" to screen A, enter abc, and then you get to screen B, I am assuming you want to see abc. As designed by IA, you will see xyz. This is because of the way IA sets up the UI.
0 Kudos