cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarun91
Level 4

Problem with .exe in installer

Hi,

I am creating one installer using IA2010 for windows. After installing this generated installer, one .exe file generates in program files and desktop shortcut is shortcut to invoke this .exe. What i want is: this .exe must generate at different location (inside bin folder in program files of this installer).

i.e.

Program file location of this installer: C:\Program Files\Myproduct
at this location, one myproduct.exe generates.
I want this .exe to generate at : C:\Program Files\Myproduct\bin

What should i do?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

I think that all you need to do is in the Advanced Designer you should click on the New Action button, then Add a new folder, rename it to bin, then move your LaunchAnywhere underneath it.
0 Kudos
tarun91
Level 4

Thanks for replying. I won't be creating bin folder, instead, it will be folder in my added files. I want the .exe file to be generated in bin folder. I hope i am clear. How should i do that?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Would it be possible for you to post your project?
0 Kudos
tarun91
Level 4

Project that i am working on is little confidential. But, what i can tell is:
I am using Apache Tomcat in it. I am adding tomcat and a few other files in installanywhere. What i want is: .exe file that is generating in parent directory of bin, should generate in bin directory.

By Default, .exe file generates in program files of myproject. is there any way by which it generate in bin folder?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm afraid that without a project (you can make a simple mock up) it's hard (at least for me) to understand your need.
0 Kudos