cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daclear
Level 4

Problem with Execute Command

I met this problem when executing command in windows environment.
When I execute the command "$path$\setup.exe"by cmd in windows, it can run well. But when I execute the same command by IA "Execute Command", some errors occur.
So I wonder that:
1, what is the difference between run command directly in windows and run it by IA?
2, If the current user is admin, does it has the admin authority too when using "Execute Command"? Because I find it failed to write file under windows\system32 folders.
Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
qqqqqq
Level 7

try $path$$\$setup.exe
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

i guess i might not work.. bcoz IA thinks $path$ is a IAVariable.. not windows :confused:
0 Kudos
daclear
Level 4

I'm sorry that "$path$" may lead to a mis-understanding. I only use this as a symbol for the path, not actual type this in the project.
"IA Execute Command" action can start setup.exe. During silent installation, some problems occured which do not occur when directly enter the command in cmd.

One of them is that new ports info should have been written into file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\service", but not.

So I wonder whether IA has the authority to access to system folders while running "execute command"
0 Kudos
alon2580
Level 5

I don't really understand from your post what are you trying to do,
but try putting: CMD /C in the begging of each command line.
for example, if you want to copy a file from c: to your install dir, the command should look like:
CMD /C copy c:\anyfile.any suffix $USER_INSTALL_DIR$
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

I WANT TO RUN A .EXE WHICH IS PUT DURING INSTALLATION:

I AM DOING
$USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$xyz.exe arg1

it not working 😞
i even tried
CMD \C $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$xyz.exe arg1

still not 😞 😞

help