cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEinstaller
Level 7

Problem creating shortcuts in Start>Programs menu, variables not resolving

I'm having some issues creating shortcuts in the Start>Programs menu. I am using IS 2008 VP1 with an action in the install sequence to create the shortcut. I could not figure out how to append to the magic folder, $WIN_COMMON_PROGRAMS_MENU$ because I want to use that followed by CompanyName\ProductName and then put the shortcuts in that directory.

I figured that perhaps I needed to set it as a defined magic folder so I made an action to Set InstallAnywhere Variable. I am setting USER_MAGIC_FOLDER_1 to $WIN_COMMON_PROGRAMS_MENU$$\$CompanyName$\$ProductName and it is creating my shortcut in C:\CompanyName\ProductName. I look at the log and that is what the variable is resolving to.

I am fairly new to IA, coming from an ISMP background where I could set variables like this but now I can't seem to get it to work. Any ideas????
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MEinstaller
Level 7

Typo in the $WIN_COMMON_PROGRAMS_MENU$ part of my variable being set. I had an extra space that I could not see due to the small font in the IA gui. It is now working for me.:rolleyes:
0 Kudos